View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Oh, Thank you.... a nice birthday present for me this month!

I've learned so much also from these forums. Each post is an opportunity to learn more. I've made dear friends online also in the past decade or so.

I've learned to respect my body, to listen to it, and pay attention to the things around it to protect it, too. To be logical and avoid invasive procedures if possible. To allow my body to heal. I've had severe reactions to iodine based visualization media for Xrays etc. I guess I am lucky to be typing this today!

The Bates Stamper! "chunk chunk" LOL. The Baker auto counter? The awful dust it whipped up cough cough.

I remember when I was an intern at a portable typewriter in my first non-clerical pharmacy job. The owner had never seen a touch typist before in a pharmacy! He was astounded I could type so fast.
I learned at 8 yrs old from my mother who taught me on an old Remington manual upright. It was a beast and I barely had the strength to hit the keys hard enough. Last Tuesday I bought my first smart phone--iPhone. (Had to change to AT &T for our summer home coverage) What an amazing time it has been learning to run it! What a contrast! That little Qwerty graphic! GADS!

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 11-27-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: adding
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (11-27-2012), Stacy2012 (11-27-2012)