View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neuropathy Relief and Vitamins

Hello Everyone I am a newbie,
Could anyone please tell me what you consider a safe amount of Vit B6. I have read over and over again on how too much Vit B6 can cause Neuropathy or symptoms of Neuropathy. But yet, B-100 as some peeps have mentioned has 100 mg of B6. Im wonderen if that is still considered "too high".
Also, Ive read there is no toxic limt for B12. When my neuropathy symptoms started, my B12 was not abnormal, but on the low side of range (384). My PCP said to take B12 vit. He retested my blood after 3 mos, it went up to 1280 with no symtom relief ( pins and needles in legs, arms and hands, and burning feet!) Doc said to stop taking the B12, that it was too high and out of range. Im wonderen if I should have kept taking the B12. I started taking R-lipoic Acid (100mg) and Acetyl L Carntine (250) one week ago. I also take Vit C (500) Mag, some Vit B's and Fish oils. Hoping to get some relief soon! Does anyone know how much Gamma linolenic acid (GLA) is safe for Neuropathy?.Should I take Vit B1 does anyone know if it will help? I want to take whatever It takes , but I dont want to bombard my system if they (vits) dont work or hurt myself in another way.
So far the Doctors dont know whats causing my Neuropathy. I am considered Prediabetic, GTT was 167 and A1C was 5.7. Doctors dont believe the "diabetes" caused my neuropathy! Go figure, They said my numbers were to low to cause "damage". I was having high BG (above 140) 1 hour post meal numbers that I believe may have caused some damage. My fastings are still within normal range.
So frustrating not having a real cause for all this pain and sufferen! any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Marie
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote