View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfighting View Post
Well all I have to say is that most of us eat terribly. I basically started over a few years ago eliminating all white stuff. Bread, potatos, salt, sugar, rice, pasta. I use whole wheat forms but you tend to eat less when you do so thats good. I cheat alot but generally my meals are stir fried vegetables with a little meat, mostly chicken. I usually have no less than 4 or 5 different vegetables in the mix, and often add cashews. I used to be a meat and potato's man and had to have several slices of Italian bread with a meal. white pasta a couple times a week. I was always bloated and had acid reflex, and was told I was pre diabetic.(no More) So when I grocery shop now, I only put things in the cart that have nutrient value. No carb fillers. I have been taking Hyoluronic acid, and Sam e for over a year as well as Krill oil, vit D B12 Lipoic acid and some other supplements. I am also on Warifin but I eat all the green leafy veggies anyway and my levels are still normal. So does any of this mean anything. I believe so. I have firbromyalgia and neuropathy but pain has been minimal and I use tylonal and tramidol in half doses occassionally. Three years ago I was told I needed to be on 800mg of Iviprophen and Lyrica. I walked out of that doctors office never to return. If you are following the intergrative nerve block thread. I am still doing that and will keep updating. However regardless of weather you have a certain condition or not, I believe it is important try to only put good stuff in the body. It means doing your own cooking and not using any canned or bottled processed stuff. Most folks just can't do it. It can get addicting though and the benefits are great. sorry for the rant.
Stillfighting, what you say is great; everyone should go in that direction. But be aware that whole wheat is still wheat, and has many of the ill effects of white wheat. Just as filtered cigarettes are still cigarettes. As Mrs. D said, Tinkyada brown rice pasta is terrific! And I love Udi's millet/chia bread.
Steven N is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-28-2012)