View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Really only the past 2 surgeries and recent diagnosis with C-5/C-6 herniated disc are my issues. I took a fall one year ago and had surgery on my right shoulder to (July) shave collar bone and the ACL joint. Three weeks post op I injured the same shoulder. I went to doctor and he said all was well, that I had just hurt it and it was still tender from surgery. August comes and my neck issues flared up. I had never been diagnosed with any neck problems until August. Turns out I have herniated, bulging, whatever in C5 and C6. Keep an eye on it that is about it as it really was not flaring up badly. Went back to doctor who did the surgery again and he dismissed the horrible pain I was having in bicep and shoulder. I sought out a second opinion and after MRI we discovered I had a torn labrum. Very good chance when I injured it 3 weeks post op is when I tore labrum. Had surgery one week ago today. I had a nerve block and I know I signed the form allowing it but I had never had one. Surgery went nearly two hours (was expected to be 45 minutes). The nerve block began resolving within a few hours but I never got the feeling back in index finger nor thumb and up the inside of my arm elbow down. After everyone saying it would resolve it has not. My doctor knows of my neck issues and now believes the C6 could have been compressed during surgery!! I start prednisone walk down pack this morning. Then we go from there. So very frustrating!! Now it could be the neck messing with me. Just really down. Hey but the shoulder seems to be doing good. The burning/numbness in thumb s about all I can take.
Mebany is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote