View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLoveandTrust View Post
From what I understand, there is something called double crush (or multiple crush) syndrome. What happens is that a nerve that is impinged is much more sensitive further down the nerve. Fix the biggest problem and the others calm down on their own.
For example, I have a minor impingement in my neck and carpal tunnel but it is expected that once the TOS is fixed that my carpal tunnel symptoms will disappear. That's what I've been told anyway. So far, it is not looking like my neck impingement is causing any issues at all.
Good point, I think that might be the case with my right cubital tunnel as well since it just randomly appeared a year after my TOS symptoms started. After talking to my doc about it I've decided to go along with surgery to see if it helps since my symptoms are severe, and the way I understand I've got obvious signs such as loss of pulse with maneuvers that wouldn't be seen if you just had some nerve issue, so hopefully I'm just dealing with classic TOS and this fixes it.

Like it is true that TOS isn't my only problem, but I think I'm being paranoid trying to stick them all together. Worst case scenario, I get the surgery and it doesn't help and I just move on from there with just a few weeks of pain to complain about. Best case scenario I'm cured and I put this whole year of misery behind me and move on with my life (besides posting here with you guys ofc )

I mean my only debate is getting a second opinion, but my insurance has me on a clock since my coverage changes at the end of December, and my doc from what i read is one of the top of his field, Dr Pearl. So I'm thinking just go for it. You guys with agree?
zebus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote