View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

It IS difficult at first. We did it over a decade ago. Changing a child's habits, (whose ADHD was severe), and husband in addition to myself...it was a challenge. Back then there were the dreaded transfats to watch out for as well. I was flamed alot back then online for suggesting eliminating them from your diet, before the gov't mandated the new labeling. People just did not believe how toxic they were to the body.

Now of course, that concept has been finally conquered. But the time it took! It is a lesson to demonstrate why medical things get so stuck as well.

I'll repeat my dutch electric tabletop oven suggestions I made earlier. I just saw the new Ninja commerical for their "cooker"...which is just a fancy version of the same cooker my family has used for over 50 yrs. In fact my grandmother gave me one for my wedding present..back in 1968. She made wonderful Sunday dinners for us all in her old one.

This type of cooker is so versatile, and easy to do and make homemade meals quickly with little investment. It really helped with my work schedule, and hubby learned how to do it easily.
I am partial to turkey parts, but you can make just about any meal in it. Just learn how veggies cook...carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes squash can all go in together (they steam). Add others at the top like asparagus or green beans near the end. Cut the veggies into sizes that are similar and they cook very well. I've been trying the new Knorr seasoning cups (very small MSG load) in the bottom of the cooker, with some minced garlic and baste every 20minutes or so. My son used his cooker, which I gave him for college, for our Thanksgiving meal...a nice tender chicken--The cooker is mostly for smaller families however. I think the veggies come out so well, I never butter them anymore! I suggested it because he was helping us with our new smartphones, so the meal cooked itself while we did iTunes and app store, etc.

Just make a change each week or every other day...then over a month you will be more used to the new things. Trying to do it all at once is rather dunning IMO.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Steven N (11-29-2012)