View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jana,

Gastroparesis - I have it intermittently. At the moment I am only able to eat one meal a day because my tum still feels full from the day before. I throw up food that is 9 - 24 hours old. Thankfully I havent got to the vomiting stage again yet but that will come. Then I eat just 6 ritz crackers a day and feel dreadful. Although the weightloss is great as Im on the heavy side.

Gastroparesis can be part of something called dysautonomia (basically a problem with your autonomic nervous system). The autonomic nervous system control all the things your body does without thinking so heart rate, body temperature, breathing rate, blood pressure, digestion.

I bring this up (really no pun intended lol!) as autoimmune diseases ( like MG) are one of the causes of dysautonomia along with ehlers danlos syndrome.

Ive spoken before on this subject and I know a few of you have noticed that your blood pressure readings are becoming low etc. Or you have noticed that on standing your heart rate goes nuts.

I really believe that dysautonomia needs more recognition in the autoimmune disease community. I do believe many of you are suffering with additional issues along with the MG.

Low blood pressure can cause fatigue, excessive thirst, brain fog, nausea and a whole host of other symptoms. That you could be suffering with on top of MG. Simple things like increased fluid intake and additional salt ( I know everyone thinks salt is bad. Believe me without my salt tablets I would rarely be conscious!)

If your interested there is a great website just google Dinet or POTS place for more info.

I hope this helps

Rach
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (11-28-2012), jana (11-28-2012)