Thread: Progression
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I have a tough time answering that question. I was dx in March 2007 so officially I have had ms for 5 1/2 years. However my neuro thinks I probably had it for about ten or more years prior to dx. My symptoms then were mild -- a numb foot and fatigue that could be dealt with by napping almost every afternoon. Then I had my first major relapse. For about one year, I really struggled to walk with my cane, experienced a lot of cog fog and pain ... For the past four years, my neuro says I am stable. I rarely use my cane at home, but do experience pain and some sensory issues.I need the cane when I am walking more than 100 yards (that is a guess), and it does hurt to walk that far. I have not had a major flare. Some days the hug is worse than others, but it never goes away. I remember when I was first dx that someone commented to me how I was going downhill rapidly compared to someone else she knew with ms. I was devastated. Now when people tell me that I am looking good I just smile and say thanks. They really don't want to know how we are feeling.

But to answer your question (today), I guess I have not progressed and I am stable
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (11-28-2012), Debbie D (11-28-2012), Judy2 (11-28-2012), Kitty (11-28-2012), SallyC (11-28-2012)