Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetanus Toxoid View Post
One of my doctors told me too much of any B's could be potentially bad for the kidneys.

Then my "primary" told me bologna, it's water soluable (spelling lol) and whatever the body doesn't utilize it gets excreted in the form of waste.
It is the rare doctor indeed you can trust today about nutritional testing, proper interpretation of same, and advice.

Most have little if any training in this subject. I have collected the best medical papers on these subjects and they are on threads at PN and Vitamin forum here.

You would be amazed at how many people come here with "normal" blood work, and in fact are very low in B12. The lab ranges are still reported in this country are far behind new medical treatments from 1999 on to today. The new acceptable B12 reading in US is 400pg/ml. NOT 180 or 200, or 300! But doctors will tell these low patients, that their tests were "normal". Go figure.

How many doctors know that Vit D is NOT a vitamin? It is a proto-hormone.

How many know that B12 is stored in the liver so when times get scant for food, we can rely on that for a while? We evolved this to survive famines.

How many know that pyridoxal (activated B6) is stored briefly in skeletal muscle?

How many know that folic acid is not the active form of folate?
(methylfolate is the active form).

How many know that cyanocobalamin is not active in the body until it is converted to methylcobalamin...which may fail due to genetic errors? How many doctors even know what methylcobalamin it and that is costs pennies a day to supplement orally OTC?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (09-11-2014)