View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Yes, those lovely sedating drugs all can affect MG. An epidural might make MG temporarily worse. Puking for 9 months I can't really consider a "blessing," even if the end result is!

Jana, I was in the middle of something so I wasn't as verbose as I normally am. I've known a few people who have had pancreatic cancer. That one really ticks me off. I've wondered for awhile if taking pancreatic enzymes could ease whatever process is going on before the cancer sets in. If maybe a lack of enzymes and an inflammation in the stomach/pancreas area could lead to the cancer - since that does happen with cancer in general. I haven't done a load of research on that but it might be worthwhile if you would look into it.

Pancreatic cancer is just awful. I'm sure you already know -- the ONE year survival rate is LOW (less than 5%, I think). I've been eating yogurt to get the probiotics -- will ask GP if I can also get some pancreatic enzymes. So often, blood sugar is the first sign of a pancreas problem -- so far, my blood sugar has been perfectly normal.

My family has a history of both achlorhydria and adenocarcinoma (GI/colon+ cancer). After doing tons of research, I found that those two are related. Cancer is an "immune disease" too. Inflammation/Infection/Cancer can be on a spectrum and so it's very important to reduce those risks to keep cancer at bay. Do you drink green tea or chlorella tea?

Dad had adenocarcinoma. No, I just drink "regular" tea. Will GET some green tea!

I've also wondered if those electromagnetic field (EMF) attracting underwires in women's bras might lead to breast cancer, since EMF's can cause cancer (i.e., cell phones). I think if there's any family history of cancer, all risks should be reduced. And since the pancreas lies fairly close to that bra line . . .

I HATE underwire bras! I'm not well-endowed -- even less since I've lost weight. Heck, I only wear a bra when I go OUT. It is so hard for me to breathe with a bra on!

It also might be worth your time to see a cancer geneticist. I don't know the statistics on whether males pass pancreatic cancer along to only males, etc. I know factors for it might include toxins but it's worth looking at it from all angles.

Will have to see if I can find a cancer geneticist. Haven't heard of this specialty before.

Sometimes, a gall stone can get stuck in one of the ducts and cause problems like puking. I would bet if you even mention your family history, those colonoscopies will have to wait and you'll get in soon. You can handle an endoscopy! But that won't show the pancreas.

They found Dad's cancer with a CT or MRI. I've had gall bladder tests (ultrasound, I think) in the past 5 years or so. I have IBS -- and my stomach has always caused problems. Anxiety makes IBS worse -- and I've been very anxious about NOT being able to eat what I want. So, I'm a dog chasing its tail.

Anyway, whatever is going on, it's doing damage to your esophagus and throat. That causes inflammation and, well, you know where I would go with that train of thought.

Annie
As always, THANKS, Annie! I'm so glad I posted this question -- I had no idea what wonderful info I would get!
AnnieB3 (11-28-2012)