View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I once saw an article title investigating whether it was possible to have PTSD if you don't remember the incident, I think it was by Nigel King, one of my favourite PCS researchers and writers. I haven't read that particular article so I don't know what his findings were.

I was very jumpy for a long while after my injury. I didn't get the sense that this was due to any sort of complex neurological or psychological process, rather it was an entirely rational response to the fact that if I had got another bang or jolt to my head it would have caused me a huge amount of suffering for a long time.

It reminds me of when I told a doctor that I was anxious about being jolted at work, and as soon as he heard the word 'anxiety' he offered me Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I told him that the problem couldn't be solved by thinking differently, and that my anxiety was entirely rational and appropriate given the circumstances, which he seemed to understand.

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
"Starr" (11-28-2012), Bellbird (01-07-2020)