View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
I had thought of that before too, Soccertese, and I just assumed that this had been accounted for in the epidemiology studies, but I don't think it has?!?? Basing it prescriptions and medicine means nothing than here are people now showing prevalence. This sort of information as presented is misleading. Without knowing where all these people lived decades before diagnosis, we cannot conclude much of anything on etiology. This is yet another vote for more cluster studies.

i look at myself as an example, there are numerous things that might have set the stage for my pd, playing football, working on a fishing boat and breathing diesel fumes and gorging everyday on salmon , taking a systemic fungicide for athelete's foot, working in a lab, chickenpox in my 30's. seems like with the lag time you have to code for all sorts of factors to find a correlation. the fact that it rarely runs in families or communities implies to me it has to be more a combination of causative factors and their magnitude.
you have to overwhelm your repair mechanisms.

i think resources better spent on early detection so you're closer to the "start" and can test neuroprotective treatments when they can help the most.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
olsen (11-29-2012)