View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

KieraS,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your daughter's struggles. The docs are right. It will take time. But time alone is not enough. She needs quiet rest time. She needs to reduce her cognitive work load. The brain heals during quiet rest. Pushing through only leaves a compromised brain polluted with the stress chemicals and such.

There is a thread called Vitamin Supplements. It has my regimen. The supplement you mentioned may be OK but it is not a stand alone cure. She needs good nutrition plus supplements plus quiet rest. I lost my sophomore year in HS to low grades due to PCS. I recovered my grades for junior year but crashed again my second semester of college due to the work load.

She needs to figure out what work load her brain can handle. She will likely need to moderate her school and other work-load for many years. Figuring out this now will save her opportunity to achieve in college. She can even write an college entrance essay about what she has learned about her own needs and capability to overcome 2 head injuries. It will put the voids in her academic record in good context.

With proper discipline, she should be able to go forward, just at maybe a slower pace.

Keep in touch.

My best to you both.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote