View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

how strong was the MRI machine that they used to look for lesions?

1.5 Tesla is, I think, the lowest Tesla strength for MRI machines. I think the last MRI I was in was a 1.5 Tesla and it didnt see anything lesion-ish, but I wasnt exactly in there looking for lesions (doctor specifically wanted to see if I had a disc problem) They didnt use contrast for mine. That MRI did show some arthritic changes on my 43yr old spine tho.

The other MRI's on my spine that I had were 3.0 Tesla (well, at least one of them was) and they were able to see "something" on it without contrast. I was supposed to have contrast, but they screwed up the IV so I had to go back a week later for another MRI where they didnt screw up the contrast. That had a "nice" glowy lesion light up on it. Well, actually two.

I think my first MRI on my brain was a 1.5 Tesla and I had contrast for it and all it showed was little non-specific white "dots".

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bort (11-29-2012), yeti (11-29-2012)