View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bny806 View Post
Immunosuppresants do make me nervous for that and many other reasons.. but if need be I'll do them... I am sick enough as is with the kids bringing home germs at this point though!
funny you say that about the frying of the brain!! I have said that many times- I sware I get a little dumber each time I have gotten meningitis!! I have the worst brain fog during those times, its really really strange!!!!

I will be curious if they will let me try mestinon as a trial in the near future.. I just worry about the long term effects of my body on IVIG.. esp since my body does seem to have an allergy at some level to it!
I have a cousin who is on immune suppressants for a liver and a kidney transplant. She has to avoid even the mention of a cold -- and with two young grandkids (the LOVES of her life) this is soooooo hard!

Ya know, I have always blamed my "brain fog" (and ongoing stupidity ) on plain ole MG. But, IVIG as a cause makes so much sense! Thanks for saying this!

Mesty is such a benign med -- except for the stomach cramps it can give. I hope they give you a trial SOON!