View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear the tooth was removed!

You should apply constant pressure while biting onto the gauze for the first 45 minutes. Remove it and if it is actively bleeding, slightly dampen 2 more pieces of gauze and bit down for another 30-45 minutes. Continue to do this until the bleeding stops. Usually by the first or second time, the bleeding subsides.

If it continues to bleed.... you can moisten a tea bag and bite down on that for 20 minutes. The tannin in the tea will cause the blood to clot.

Please do not use any mouthwash to rinse with. Gentle salt water rinsing is all that is necessary and therapeutic beginning 24 hours after the extraction.

If you get a chance... let us know how you are doing.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by terravue View Post
Just got back from the oral surgeon, going to go lay down with 1/2 a pain pill. Hoping to do all I can to avoid dry socket and be on the mend fast. wondering how long I should be putting pressure on the gauze and how long I will need to use it.

Wasn't too bad but wasn't too fun either. the surgeon didn't need to use the collagen so he thought the sinus looked unaffected by the extraction. He is an experienced surgeon with a good rep in this area.

He gave me some more antibiotics and some pain pills.

Hope all is well with you folks. Terry
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-29-2012)