View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, thanks fmichael, that is fantastic info and insight. And Katiek…. You are so not alone. This is the part of RSD that really freaks me out. My memory loss since RSD is almost gotten to the point of scary. I can literally get up, walk 10 feet and be like, what in the heck was I on my way to do. I know this has happened to everyone from time to time, but for me, it is a LOT of times per day. So bad in fact that I will talk to myself on my way, reminding myself of what I’m doing. It’s ridiculous really.

I easily get lost in conversations. I have trouble bringing names of people or things to the forefront of my brain. It’s like I can see a picture of “it” (whatever I am trying to communicate) in my mind, but cannot bring the word(s) to my tongue. I own a video production company, and there is just nothing quite as frustrating as trying to talk with a client and while their talking, or maybe while I’m talking, I am suddenly completely LOST. Makes me feel/look like an idiot. This has gotten so bad that I am in the process of winding down my company and letting my husband take the reins with his new company. The physical symptoms are terrible some days, and with my body and mind unreliable, it just makes sense to pass the baton and take a less active role. Breaks my heart actually, but I feel it is time.

I guess the scariest part for me recently was driving and suddenly just kind of lost … wondering where I was going.

This part of RSD is most definitely frustrating if not downright frightening.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (11-29-2012), LIT LOVE (12-06-2012), NerPain4 (12-03-2012)