View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

Thanks for the care and support everyone! I ended up going to the ER as the urgent care my DOCTOR told me to go to refused to help me! All they did at the ER was give me a shot if Dilaudid which at least worked to immediately lessen the pain. But it didn't last long and I still felt the pain right through it. They prescribed me a low dose or Percocet 5-325mg tabs. But I have to take 2-3 of them to get relief, and I only have 20. I finally was able to get a referral to a neurologist but my Pain management doc sd they are basically worthless. As they only diagnose and not treat the problem. I was already diagnosed with CPRS last week, and that Doctor is trying to treat it very aggressively to prevent to spreading to the disease. Unfortunately I guess the elbow and arm and hand are the worst (pain wise) place to get this "disease". I just hope they either get me in fast or refill the pain meds because i don't think I can make the 20 pills stretch for a week...
ALSO I'm having to go back and forth and back and forth between the hospital claims department because I was injured by one of their employees and the doctors office I'm trying to be seen at. The claim was supposed to be opened like 4 weeks ago and no wonder they never got back to me the other risk management "manager" never opened a claim. I am getting so frustrated. The new doctors won;t see me without having the appointment approved by the claims department!!! I'm going to call and ask for supervisor. My treatment is being delayed because someone didn't do their job!! Grr! Everything I've read has said the faster the treatment the better chances of complete recovery. My current Physiatrist/Pain-management Doctor doesn't do the IV sympathetic Blockade (phentolamine) and referred me to another clinic. They won't see me without knowing The hospital is going to pay.......again the claim was supposed to be set up 4 weeks ago.......I am so mad. Plus exhausted. in pain, and generally ******.....

Last edited by CRPSsongbird; 11-29-2012 at 03:56 PM.
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote