View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 08:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Greetings Everyone,

I am new to this site having joined only yesterday. I have been gluten free since Oct '06 and feeling better every day. In Feb '07 I joined BT GS/CD and there I found wonderful support and encouragement. I didn't know about this site until a couple of days ago. I am of the non-computer generation and due mostly to lifestyle, am only recently navigating this world. Terminology, information in genetics, testing procedures- all new to me too and somewhat baffling. Slowing I am plying my way through everything.

About me- I have "many arrows- none sharp." I'm a teacher by trade until a few years ago when I decided I needed a change. Currently I am part of an Organic Farmers group in Maine, bringing teas and needle felted dolls to the market. We open in a few weeks and this year I will also offer gluten free baked goods- from a dedicated gluten free kitchen.

My family is dh, ds, ddoggie and me. Ds is 17 and dx with HS (hidradenitis suppurativa) his bolis are responding well to a gluten free diet- no new boils since becoming GF in late March. Ddoggie has stopped licking her paws all day long since becoming GF in December we all sleep better too, minus the sounds of unrelenting paw licking.

Thanks for being here.
Leslie
Swuzly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote