View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default NTOS with scheduled surgery

So I had a appt. yesterday with Dr. Robert Thompson in St. Louis, MO. Just sitting in his waiting room with other patients was a wonderful experience. First time besides on here that I have felt like someone else was experiencing the same things as me. So after a long and indepth meeting with Dr. Thompson and his associates, he came to the conclusion that I do indeed have NTOS. Finally, an answer. So from here the options were either try Physical Therapy again, or schedule surgery. I have already gone thru 4 months of physical therapy but wanted to meet with the physical therapist in St. Louis to see if they had any other opinions or suggestions.

After meeting with the physical therapist we found that there are several muscles of the shoulder that are not working properly due to the TOS. We concluded that surgery would be the next step.

So we have scheduled a scalenectomy, first rib resection, and pec minor release for January. So if anybody has any advice regarding recovery, things to think about before surgery, experience at Barnes Jewish Hospital or anything, all would be greatly appreciated.

I also am very worried about being a mom of 3 children, age 7, 5, 3. Not sure how long I will be unable to do my duties at home as well as work. Very thankful that I have a husband that is willing to help out, but not sure how long his work will allow him to be away.
TellerMomof3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote