View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Breathing issues?

Does anyone have or get any kind of breathing issues from their TOS?

Since my shoulder injury, I have "the weird breathing thing" where, when sitting/reclining/laying at certain angles (not all, just some) my breathing slows down and gets really shallow. I have to consciously work at breathing normally. Changing my position even just a little can fix it.

I also can end up short of breath over absolutely nothing, yet other times can do stuff that should absolutely floor me, but doesn't.

If I laugh, really fully belly-laugh laugh, I can't breathe. Not a throat thing, a whole lung-body lock up, just can't move the muscles to breathe. Often turns into a vicious, choking, suffocating cough. Yet again, not a throat thing, a body/breathing system thing.

Went through every lung test there is, doctors cannot say why any of this happens. Started the "stress" excuse. But the slow shallow barely breathing thing even happened when under & coming out of anesthesia (when, to try and get me to wake up faster, they started propping up the bed a bit and hit one of the bad angles), how could I be "expressing stress" when I am drugged unconscious? (the doc said, "the body does strange things". yeah. sure.)

I have had blood pressure and heart rate problems as feedback from moving the wrong way and triggering the TOS, (mine is from excessive scar tissue underneath where the broken collarbone & repair surgery was) wondering if maybe the breathing thing is coming from the same place--nerves getting sometimes caught in the TOS mess?
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote