View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jana,

with the passing out you could have ncs (neuro cardiogenic syncope - fainting due to a drop in blood pressure on standing). Or it could be NMS which is neurally mediated syncope which is low bp causing fainting. Dont quote me on this my brain is a bit fuzzy on this and you would need to check the dinet site.

I would do the TTT poor mans version as soon as you are able and if you dont already have one get a BP monitor.

Keep a diary of how you are feeling and note what your bp is at the time. Remembering your brain will feel a drop in bp before its measured with a bp monitor and it can be up to 20 mins before your bp monitor will show a change in pressure. You can also have a normal BP but have poor cerebral profusion ( poor blood flow to the brain) and it can cause brain fog. Hence why with dysautonomia you can feel dreadful but still have a normal bp!

The good news is Mestinon (I cant remember if you take it apologies) is used in people with low bp and syncope (fainting) to boost their bp when standing. Mayo clinic discovered this and quite a few people on Dinet use mestinon - small world huh?

I hope this helps Jana

Hugs
Rach
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (12-05-2012)