View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach73 View Post
Hi Jana,

with the passing out you could have ncs (neuro cardiogenic syncope - fainting due to a drop in blood pressure on standing). Or it could be NMS which is neurally mediated syncope which is low bp causing fainting. Dont quote me on this my brain is a bit fuzzy on this and you would need to check the dinet site.

I will look these up!! Thanks!!

I would do the TTT poor mans version as soon as you are able and if you dont already have one get a BP monitor.

Will try this today. I have two BP monitors -- one for arm and one for wrist.

Keep a diary of how you are feeling and note what your bp is at the time. Remembering your brain will feel a drop in bp before its measured with a bp monitor and it can be up to 20 mins before your bp monitor will show a change in pressure. You can also have a normal BP but have poor cerebral profusion ( poor blood flow to the brain) and it can cause brain fog. Hence why with dysautonomia you can feel dreadful but still have a normal bp!

Well, I CERTAINLY have the "brain fog"! I already keep a migraine diary.....will start including this info.

The good news is Mestinon (I cant remember if you take it apologies) is used in people with low bp and syncope (fainting) to boost their bp when standing. Mayo clinic discovered this and quite a few people on Dinet use mestinon - small world huh?

Yes, I take it -- LOVE my Mesty!! I actually don't know if I'm STILL as prone to fainting from squatting to standing................due to MG weakness, squatting is difficult, if not impossible. If I get down on the floor, someone has to help me get up. I also can no longer mount a horse OR get into the back of the pickup truck without a step stool or chair.

I hope this helps Jana

Hugs
Rach
YES, Rach!! It does help!! Many thanks!!