Thread: MS sucks
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie D View Post
Hugs for you friend...have you asked for physical therapy? My neuro finally ordered for me due to the severe spasms & pain in my legs. I find myself able to walk down the stairs like a grownup now instead of a toddler!!:I still get spasms but they're not as bad and the PT who is working on me notices an increased rotation of about 5 degrees in my one knee which is pretty good since I can't fully straighten my legs anymore.
Maybe massage therapy might help as well...I hope you can find something to make you function a bit better...you're so darn young to be afflicted!
Thanks for the hug. I tried PT but I live in a very small town. The one I went to told me "There is nothing I can do for you." I asked him, "Should I start doing squats by holding a large pole of my outdoor BBQ overhang?" He said, "No, MS is like trying to turn on something plugged into an electrical outlet, when it gets no juice it doesn't work." He also said, "You need to go to a big city like San Fransisco, maybe a PT there can help. SF is 4 hours 39 mins away from me. That is awesome about your improvement! I love to hear you have found success! I AM so darn young! That is the frustrating thing. I was an athlete throughout school. High school and college. That is also why it is hard. It is a huge difference and I am young. It is what it is and I'll keep doing what I can do and tell you guys of my progress.
D0ct0rT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (11-30-2012), Judy2 (11-30-2012), SallyC (11-30-2012)