View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post
First, you need to find some way to bring your glucose down!! I think the poster who got edited was referring to the American Diabetes Assn. site. We do encourage eating to your meter there.

There are other types of diabetes, besides 1 & 2. Have you had any tests to rule out the other types? I'd check into that, an endo can help there.
No I've not been tested for any other types of diabetes. I'm severely obese and with a family history of type 2 my doctor didn't seem interested in checking. I see my GP for my diabetes. I thought about getting an endo but since the Victoza is working well for me I decided against it. If my sugar does get worse I will have my doctor raise my dose of Victoza to the 1.8mg dose and see how that goes. Then if it gets even worse I will see an endo.

The only thing I can do to reduce my blood sugar is to eat less carbs. My family doesn't cook very often so we often eat out or have food delivered. So generally we eat a high carb diet here. I try to snack on low carb foods when I get hungry, I eat string cheese, peanuts, lunch meat, tuna in mayonnaise, etc.

My blood sugar is mostly acceptable except when it hits above 140 which I know is the cut off for when bg's are safe and not damaging your body. Anything higher for an extended time is doing damage. I know that. So I try to keep my bg's lower than 140 most of the time. THough it doesn't always happen since we eat out so much.
xdunlapx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote