View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Has anyone had their SCS battery moved...

Hello Dears,

I just spent an hour typing this question, then lost it, so this is going to be short. My keyboard is deficient: the punctuation keys want to be French, so this means question mark. My apologies.

I got my SCS in 07 and it is my favourite thing. I would never give it up. Because I am (now, since RSD) so thin they opted to put the battery in my right hip-upper buttock area and gradually since then my 2003 compressed disk (lower spine, hipbone level) injury has been flaring up more and more. I also had a rotated pelvis at the same time.

I chose a job requiring physical activity because I am an idiot and now I have been home for nearly three unpaid weeks. It started with penumonia, then at precisely the same moment a rabid UTI developed and my back went out to the point that I am using 1-2 canes to walk. I have not had to use a cane in years. I had donated mine to the Salvation Army.

I have osteopenia at the disk site, and scoliosis and am wondering if, with the battery, if it is just too much and if it would be better if the battery were moved around front

For those who have a front placed battery, is it comfortable I wear leggings or wool tights under stretch cotton or denim skinny jeans daily. I have to wear entirely flexible clothes that cannot be grabbed. I need to be slippery so to speak as I need to be able to restrain people without them catching hold of me in any way. Will I still be able to do that

Any fellow experiences appreciated.

Thank you kindly