View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallysblooms View Post
Welcome. I do not have diabetes, but for the healing of my nerves I do watch the blood sugar and test one hour after eating. That way, you can see the spike. I rarely do it now since I know what can get them higher.

The number is always good even then and goes further down two hours later back to 80 or 85. I think testing earlier to see the spike is good to do even for me with good numbers. Taught me the foods to stay away from.

I try to keep my numbers low, so no spiking. It has been very good to do. I rarely get over 100. Very important to stay level.

Thankfully I have normal glucose so that is easy just staying away from simple carbs.

Losing weight would be number one for you. Without the simple carbs weight comes off pretty nicely. Extra weight is serious for many reasons. The supplements are great but a normal weight is so important.
Yes I know I have to get the weight off but so far the only diet that has worked is Atkins and I have a huge problem trying to stay on atkins since it is so restricting. I just can't handle it.
xdunlapx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote