View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks!

I have researched diabetes, probably too much, because I find doctors to be lacking more than myself, haha! I use my meter at the 1 hour mark like Sally, because at 1 hour that tells me the spike number. Dr's are hung up on the 2 hour mark which is stupid in my opinion. If I went by 2 hour readings I would never know that I am spiking so high at 1 hour. At 2 hours bg is coming back down...or should be, and mine does. I care more about the spiking number as that is what harms nerves.

I agree, I keep my bg numbers below 140.

I am shocked that my mothers dr told her it was ok to eat fruit and many other high carb foods. She spikes to 300 if she eats that stuff but can control it if she does not eat it. I think doctors ideas on what to eat are antiquated. All the wanna do is prescribe meds.

Sally is right, I have lost 40 pds simply by getting rid of simple carbs, white flour, pasta and all sugar. I understand what you mean when you say it is hard, and I could NEVER stay on atkins when I wanted to lose weight, however it is about my health now and that seems to be all the motivation i need to skip the carbs. I don't wanna lose my feet. Fear keeps me motivated.

good luck
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sallysblooms (12-01-2012)