View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 01:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ouch

Hi. So this is my first time posting on this, maybe you guys can help me out better than my doctors can. ha. (This is going to be long, bare with me) So im 23 years old and about 9 months ago i was out of town on vacation. It was my first night of vacation and it was about 4 in the morning and i was fast asleep. I suddenly woke up to myself screaming bloody murder because i have the WORST cramp in my calf that i have EVER had in my entire life. I've had cramps in my feet and calfs before, however this one was way worst and felt deep in my bone. I walked with a limp for about a week after that. I figured i was dehydrated so i drank a ton of water and v8 drinks along with gatoraid and started eating a lot of fruit. When i got back into town after my vacation was over..the pain didnt stop. Randomly my feet would cramp up and the pain was so bad i would practically faint. Again, ive had cramping before, but this was different. After the initial cramp was over...my foot would go completly numb and i wouldnt be able to wiggle my toes or move or walk at all for about 20 minutes. This kept happening over and over again to the point where i was scared to drive, scared to move, scared to sleep, scared to do anything because i was scared my legs would cramp up on me. One time it happened to me in the middle of a shopping store and i was literally paralyzed for about 20 minutes until someone actually had to carry me out of the store. I finally went to the ER where they tested all of my magnesium, potassium, electrolytes, etc etc etc because they figured i was just dehydrated. All of the blood work came back fine and said i looked like i was healthy and fine so they perscribed me some valume to relax my legs and sent me on my way. This kept going on for awhile and then in the last 7 months or so i have had really bad twitching really deep in my muscles and/or bones (I cant tell which one it is) along with the cramping still. My legs and feet will twitch so bad that it literally feelsl ike there are bouncy balls bouncing around in my legs..but u cant see anthing moving from the outside of my leg. Also a couple of times i have woken up in the morning to find that one of my feet are COMPLETLY numb so ill have to take my hand and literally move my foot onto the floor so i can try to stand. My foot has felt like it was SERIOUSLY BROKEN to the point where i had to call into work one day because i couldnt even touch it without being in agonizing pain. It went away in about a half hour but until then i couldnt touch it or put any weight on it. I went to my primary care doctor and had her run a bunch of other blood tests, vitamin b12,b6,b8 tests, and they all came back normal. I also had an MRI of my brain to test for MS because it runs in the family and my family members said they had some of the same leg problems. Anyways.....im not getting any answers from any doctors and its to the point where its starting to control my life. It is so incredibly painful and nothing i do seems to help. Anyone have any ideas???
Alicen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote