View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdunlapx View Post
Yes I know I have to get the weight off but so far the only diet that has worked is Atkins and I have a huge problem trying to stay on atkins since it is so restricting. I just can't handle it.
If you want to improve, IMHO, loosing weight and exercise are the two things that will make the biggest difference. It is not easy, but until you do it chances are you will not see major improvements.

Fortunately I have found a doctor that takes the natural approach to healing and health. His approach is that most chronic conditions can be improved through lifestyle changes. Fortunately for me it works.

Diabetes, excess weight, PN all run in my family. I have PN, but have been able to keep it under control with exercise and eating healthy foods. I am not on any medications and do not have diabetes.

Eating out is a big problem. You will need to learn to eat more meals at home. Eliminate many packaged foods, simple carbs, sugars etc.. Eat more vegetables and whole fruits. My doctor states that the only fluids I should drink are water and some teas. Lost a lot of weight when I gave up juices and sodas

I know you probably know all of this, and yes it is not easy, but it works

Wishing you the best.
codyc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-01-2012), Stacy2012 (12-01-2012)