View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach73 View Post
Hi Jana,

I'm glad my rambling posts are helping!

Yes, Rach!! Helping me to understand. I was diagnosed very easily with MG -- positive on binding, blocking, and modulating. So many here have a difficult time being dx -- I guess it is MY turn to have trouble figuring out what is wrong.

Weak leg muscles can also be a symptom of POTS or dysautonomia, so add that to MG and thats a heap of trouble!

As I say google Pots place or Dinet and you will find a wealth of info. Most people dont just have Pots the have other autonomic nervous system issues too and its all covered including mast cell activation disorder. They are a really friendly bunch and will answer any questions you may have.

If you are on facebook there are loads of groups on there too. A great blog on the subject of dysautonomia is one called Living with Bob.

Any questions please give me a shout hun!

Thanks so much -- you are such a sweetheart!

Hugs
Rach
Ok, so I did the poor man's tilt test yesterday. I had taken TWO Mestinon tablets a couple of hours before -- a total of 120 mg...............so, I'm thinking it is possible that my results aren't completely accurate (???).

Yesterday morning, I took my BP -- 110/60 and heartbeat was 59. I was actually in a little pain (gas), so I think this is why my BP was higher than normal (100/70 to 90/60). Here are th results of my test:
  • While still laying down -- BP 130/88, HR 59
  • As soon as I stood up -- BP 129/76, HR 62
  • After 2 minutes -- BP 129/82, HR 60
  • After 5 minutes -- BP 120/78, HR 62
  • After 10 minutes -- BP 121/77, HR 61
  • After 20 minutes -- BP 124/79, HR 61

I got SOOOOO tired of just standing -- and I was "weaving" all over the place to stay balanced -- I usually weave when trying to stand still, MG??? I dunno -- to me, it looks like my test results were ok. Of course the Mestinon seems to have raised my BP (????).

I looked up the NCS and NMS -- I have some of the symptoms of each, but not all.....maybe not a high enough percentage.

Confusion abounds in my poor head!

Again, THANKS Rach!