View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I have one thing to add to cody's nice post.

It IS difficult to do...we all know that. But if you start in a way that is less challenging and move forward slowly you can do it.

One thing you can try.... reduce your portions by 10% to start.
It is a small change, and will not create huge hunger issues.

Get rid of sugar and white carbs...limit them slowly. And you will lose your taste for them eventually. Say a pasta once a week or less, easy on portion size. Substitute yams/sweet potatoes for white potatoes for example. Some foods have long staying power in the body and don't spike blood sugars. Lentils, peas, beans (I prefer black beans) can be very filling and slow to metabolize, and reduce hunger.
Some carry outs are pretty good... I like Baja Fresh. They tend to reduce fat, and calories in several of their menu selections and still taste really good.

If you add in salmon or other fatty fish, or take fish oil supplements you can reduce triglycerides without that TriCor.

By the end of 3 months or less you can be eating a new way, and on the road to positive changes.
Thank you all for your input. I'll ask my doctor for a vit D test. I started to take krill oil to help with my lipids but for some reason I quit taking it, not sure why, I think I just started to forget to take it. I'll have to find the bottle and start taking it again. The reason I chose krill oil (Mega Red) is because the gel caps are so small compared to huge fish oil gel caps. I hate taking lots of huge pills.

I don't often eat potatoes or other white foods like pasta. I only eat pasta maybe once a month if that.
xdunlapx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote