View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 04:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I find the lipoic acid to be quite stimulating. I take it early in the day therefore.

Each person is different. You may not need the carnitine if you suspect it of jittering you.

This is why I suggest people start up one thing at a time,
to see what works and what is not necessary.

The folate thing didn't hit me until later...it was not a fast
response. I've tried several times to take the methyl form and each time I get anxious! go figure!
MrsD Thank you for your response,
I think the R lipoic Acid at 100mg is too much , I thought it caused me to have an anxiety attack ysterday, becuase it came on about 1 hour after taking it. (I had been taking it everyday for a week so far with no major problems, but now im thinking of breaking it in half.) But now after reading how the folate affected you Im wondern if the anxiety was triggered by high doses of the folic acid (6000mg in Metanx ,3000 2xday, doctors orders) . Are you still taking the folate at 800mcg? hows that working for you?
So you think 800mcg is all I need. That means I am taking 5999.2 mg too much. By taking one 800mcg that would mean my dosage would be reduced to .8mgs per day. Does this sound correct to you? Do you think such a small dose compared to Metanx would be enough or be helpful?
Also, on the P5P should I get one that has the B2 cofactor, the P5P dont all list the B2 as in ingredient. Thanks much!!!!
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote