View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 05:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
You can take the lipoic acid every other day for a while.
I started at 50mg (before we learned about the stabilized form) and then went to 100mg.

But unlike some other members here I couldn't increase to 200mg a day on the lipoic.

No, I gave up on the methylfolate...obviously it wasn't for me.
I think I methylate okay, since I was never low in B12 to start with. (849 to start). Now we have the gene tests, to clarify for those who wish to spend that $$ and learn more.
23andMe.

I think 800mcg of methylfolate is enough for most people.

The enteric coated product is what you need to look for in P5P.
The presence of the B2 is optional. Not all P5Ps are enteric coated, and hence protected from stomach acids.
Hi MrsD, Thanks.
I think I will cut back to half on the R lipoic Acid and see how that works for me. I will also cut back on the Methylfolate to one pill a day meanwhile I will order the 800mcg.
Do you mean your not taking B12 beacause you were never low, or are you saying your taking it anyway and if so how much do you take? My B12 level was 1280, and Im getting 4mg of the Methylcobalamin in the metanx . Im wondern if 4mg per day is too much since I dont really need it according to my blood lab level. Im hoping by taking high doses of B12 along with the other B's and pills will help with the neuropathy.
What does 23andme mean? Thanks as usual!!
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote