Thread: antibody test
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I found some references to inflammatory cytokines with MG and I though that might be why indomethacin made some symptoms better. Here is the site; http://www.lef.org/protocols/neurolo..._gravis_02.htm. I know you are not suppose to have pain with MG but I have a lot of muscle pain when my legs and arms get weak, they ache so bad.

I think I may have another autoimmune issue beside MG. I had a thyroid tumor removed 30 years ago and have since have fluctuating TSH. I also get skin rashes and have persistent inflammatory bowels issue. They did an intestine tissue biopsy and said I did not have gluten issue. They did alot of antibody test, ANCA, ARCH, ANA, Thyroid. They all came back negative although the sed rate and c reactive protein were high. I have not received the MUSK results yet.

I also have asthma and eczema too. I have already been to a rheumatologist. He is the one that said he though it was MG and sent me to a neuro. He also said he thought there was more than one thing going on.

If worst case scenario happens and the MUSK are negative, how do they diagnose a sero-negative MGer? The Neuro optomologist did order a SFemg but it has not been done yet.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote