View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Finally got a neurology consult

Hi all,

Background: Sept. 30th I Hit my head cleaning out my car on the frame of the car door- coming out of the car- did not give myself enough clearance. Saw stars but did not black out. Was fine for several hours, but before I went to bed had a horrible headache. When I woke up in the morning, I ran the gamet of concussion symptoms for several weeks- headache, blurred vision, forgetfulness, word finding difficulty, depression/anxiety, dizziness, unsteady gait, confusion, tinnitus, and sensitivity to light. I began to get noticably better. I only have a few symptoms sticking around 2 months later- word finding, short term memory issues, anxiety, sensitivity to flourescent light and overstimulation (I am still getting terrible headaches and experience overload where I just can't take anymore in- I stare off into space and cannot concentrate).

I am a bit frustrated with my team of Dr.s. At my last Osteopathy appt. my Dr. basically told me that the symptoms I am experiencing do not add up with the injury I experienced...I don't understand why they haven't sent me for a neuro consult sooner...The anxiety really is the toughest part. I suffered from Generalized Anxiety D/O for several years- but had it totally under control pre-concussion..it is now worse than it has ever been- my social anxiety is especially through the roof.

Anyone have similar experiences? What do I need to be sure to communicate to the Neuro? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
carebear925 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote