View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmother View Post
ok friends. I need some good news to calm my nerves. In 12 days we will be in Dallas....

How about another update from Romans8, Cltbaseball9, and Losinghope?

Thanks!
Hey there tosmother, things are pretty good with me. It will be 5 weeks on Monday since my surgery! I did have a little bit of a setback in the middle of this past week with some pain. I'm pretty sure though it was because we had a couple of mornings where the temperature was in the low 30s. It wasn't all weather related, I must confess, I hit ground balls to my infielders during our off season period so I'm sure that contributed to my pain Wednesday night and Thursday. It did feel REALLY good to swing a bat again even though I wasnt swinging hard. Yesterday and today the pain hasn't been too bad at all with the warm weather. I helped put up, what is hopefully, the last of our Christmas decorations today and didn't feel much pain at all.

I understand your nervousness. Just remind your daughter not to do too much too quick. Once again I could have avoided some of my pain this week if I hadn't swung a bat. Being a former athlete can make recovery difficult at times because you aren't used to "taking it easy" for an extended amount of time. Make sure she takes her pain medicine because it will help the healing process. I had to call and get more pain meds even though I didn't really want to. I was hoping to just take some advil and tough it out. The reason I got more was because my blood pressure got a little high because of the pain. I already have high blood pressure but it has actually been better since my surgery and hopefully I can be off my blood pressure meds pretty soon.

Just know you and your daughter will be in good hands with Dr. Pearl and his staff. He is there to help you and answer any questions you have. When he gave me his phone number after surgery I honestly didn't think I would be calling or texting him. But, I have texted him several times with a question or two and he is always quick with a response. Just by him doing that made me feel more comfortable about what I am going through with my recovery.

Good luck! I know the countdown is more stressful than anything but know that you have a lot support from people on this board and we are here for you.
cltbaseball9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nottherightkindofdr (12-03-2012), tosmother (12-01-2012)