View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Cltbaseball9,

I think we had surgery the same morning as I remember my wife saying she talked to someone whose husband was a baseball coach while we were in surgery and they were in the waiting room. I am glad to see you are doing well.

For TOSmother I agree with everything he said about taking it slow. I have also experienced some return of pain since physical therapy started and I tried to be a little more active. However I am encouraged as the pain is somewhat different than what I experienced before surgery. I also believe something I read on this forum about the length and difficulty of the recovery being somewhat proportional to the length of time and severity of the TOS before surgery. Age and overall physical condition may also be factors. For these reasons I am prepared for a year or more to realize the full benefit from this. I was also very active athletically before this hit me 8 years ago but have lost a lot of muscle and cardio from being inactive this long. I have tried riding a stationary bike a few times since the surgery but even this seems to irritate the nerves in the neck and shoulder so I may need to forget this and walking significant distances for a while. It's tricky because I do not hurt while doing these things but the nerves really fire up afterwards.

We are pulling for you and your daughter.
romans8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nottherightkindofdr (12-03-2012), tosmother (12-02-2012)