View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default essential tremors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRgirl53 View Post
Anyone has essential tremors not caused by Parkinsons, Myasthenia Gravis or medications?

I started having tremors in a hospital while I was almost done with H1N1 and a chronic severe pneumonia. I still get them at different times, sleeping, in a place from a oddor/smell reaction. Just for no reason or for forcing my body when I should rest. I was diagnosed with essential tremors by my neurologist ,and the meaning that they don't know the cause.

Is depressing because you never know when I will have them and how strong. Some are strongers, some are in my legs more than my arms. Some feel like inside my whole body.

To sleep they had to put me on clonopin (klonopin) and during the day that is a mild medication I have to take Ativan if it is needed.

Once in a while I get involuntary movements, but not that often.
you are not alone. i first started getting tremors when i was about to have spine surgery. at first i was sure it was due to the siatica pain which was intense. but after the surgery, when the pain subsided and the tremors were still there i began to worry. the worry turned into fear and thinking i had the deadliest diseases i could imagine as the tremors seemed to get worse daily. well, it took numerous visits to my pcp, neurosurgeon and neurologist and reassurnces from them all to finally calm down and realize that 1) yes do have et, 2) no we don't know whats causing it 3) it ain't MS or some other life threatening disease and 4) my constant anxiety over it actually makes it worse!. hang in there my friend life will get better and easier once you have accepted your condition for what it is even if you don't know the cause.
jonmoor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marc D (03-23-2013)