View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:10 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default The future

Hi Peggy,
I am convinced we need to maker more noise, a LOT more noise.
I spent most of my career in chemical research for indusrial use. I managed 3 Research Centres one in the USA and 2 in the UK. We had a sense of urgency. If we did not produce the required results you could suffer by losing any salary increases to losing your job.
The medical profession seems to have no sense of urgency. (except a few including the London Hospital where I am a member of the team.) in general, they just seem to have to appear to be making progress. So long as they publish a few papers in respected journals, everyone is satisfied.(except us).
I believe there is a lot of scope in the BBB idea. Surerly it has more chance than a lot of the way out projects we see where millions are spent. But it has been ignored by the researchers. I would have to raise funds and have the work done to get anywhere. Then we have the prospect of instantaneous "on" by using nasal drug delivery. A small amount of work has been done here.
In industry, we have targets to meet, careful budgeting, timescales to adhere to. Perhaps we should have a website where we PDers vote for the
quality and results of the work, and highlight those who should get the "wooden spoon". How do we put a sense of urgency into them??
Ron
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (12-03-2012), Thelma (12-02-2012)