View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tired--literally and figuratively

I'm getting really tired of everything I have to do for these diseases and of the side effects of these medicines.

When I get up in the morning, I'm stiff as a bored and its painful to move. It takes a couple hours to get ready in the morning because I can't move and moving also makes me tired to I have to sit a rest. Only whenever my parents see me sitting down, they get angry because its going to make me later for work. Everything I've tried seems to give false hope as it wears off in a month or two. I was on a large dose of Valium, but the effect wore off and the side effects stuck around which wasn't a good combination. I just switched to klonopin, which seems to be working for now, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Next week I could get used to it.

Also, everything at work seems designed to make it hard for ADA. They have a very short row of handicap spaces that they allow van pools to park in (it seems like a healthy person could drive the van to normal spot!). So if you don't get to work by 6:30 or so you don't get one of those. When I originally couldn't walk it took me six month to get a numbered space.

Now my problem is that if I don't get there right on time, people figure you aren't coming in and take your spot. When this happens, you're SOL and have to park at the back of the lot and walk a quarter mile. I've gone in before and explained that I'm extremely handicapped and someones in my spot and I'm told to just drive around until I find something that they have no spots for emergency situations like this and they aren't allowed to tow illegally parked cars.

I've tried working issues through ADA, but the ADA officer is either never at his desk or doesn't return your call/email. The first time I met him was in a meeting to discuss how my illness was affecting my work performance--and this was after months of trying to meet with him to get accommodations.

I'm just tired of everything I'm having to go through. My doctor wants me to do the Rituxan treatments again starting this week. I'm not sure how my boss will take it since he recently told me I've used up too much advanced sick on my surgery and recovery and he doesn't want me taking any more.
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote