View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiek View Post
rsdno
I completly agree with you, everyone is diffent and should have the right to choose their treatment without fear of ridicule or other peoples comments. I myself am medication free really only because of a very low tolerance of meds. Personally it suits me and am happy to not take medication. But in saying that I do not look down on people who do take medications to help. Each to their own, we should support each others choices and not pass judgement.
Hi. I totally agree with the former but not necessarily the latter of your assertions.

Put it this way: If you had posted about a particular drug or treatment you were using, and someone was aware of a recent study or official warning that clearly hadn't made its way to you, wouldn't you want to know about it?

And to those who say that this is a "support forum" on account of which information shouldn't be shared if it will cause anxiety, I'm sorry to have to disagree. Yes, we are all here to support each other, and anyone who doesn't feel that way had better give them-self a long look in the mirror. But sometimes, and only sometimes, being a friend requires that we say something knowing that it will likely be painful to hear.

Mike

PS And for what's it's worth, I suspect a good many of the people who know me would be surprised at how often I hold my tongue.

- Walt Whitman

Last edited by fmichael; 12-02-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: typo
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
katiek (12-04-2012)