View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja1 View Post
Hi Mike!

Thanks for the response! It's actually my girlfriend who has CRPS and I am looking all over for the best ways to treat this horrible condition. She came out of a year long remission last May and is scheduled for a 5 day ICU Ketamine infusion in mid January. Unfortunately, this will be about 9 months after she came out of remission... she did have a 4 day high does Ketamine infusion in late June with Dr. Kirkpatrick, but it only stuck for a few weeks. Is it feasible to push the hospital to include CRA with the upcoming ketamine infusion since she'll be in ICU anyway? Will this be too late given that she came out of remission 7 months ago now (9 by the time of the infusion?) Furthermore, is there any way to keep the CRPS in the fresh stage until then?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just joined this forum and for some reason am not enabled to PM you!

Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate all your helpful information!
I'm thrilled that your girlfriend is getting to see Dr. Kirkpatrick.

As to your question, the only reference I've seen to using CRA in conjunction with ketamine infusions (sort of a belt and suspenders approach) is in the report I referred to out of Walter Reed. That said, I couldn't think of anyone better to ask than Dr. Kirkpatrick! Just an idea, but maybe you guys want to send him a letter/email referencing the study - but not enclosing it were rest assured he knows about it and the last thing you want to do his come off sounding patronizing - and ask what he thinks about it. (In any event, that's how I'd handle it.)

Good luck! (And keep us posted,)

Mike

- Walt Whitman
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cja1 (12-02-2012)