View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Facial Numbness

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans8 View Post
My guess is your weight drop is due to the pain pills. Before surgery I would lose weight when I went through rough periods and took a lot of pain pills. This happened again the first couple of weeks after surgery and the other complications. At one point a few years ago the pain got so intense for me that I did not sleep or eat for 7 days. I was on heavy pain meds and became extremely thin. Friends said I looked 15 years older although they did not say that at the time. I'll bet your appetite comes back when you have been off the pain meds for a while.

I am getting more and more concerned with my non-surgery left side. I have a frozen shoulder on this side that my physical therapist has been working on to "unthaw". It has already gained a few degrees of motion back but I woke up this morning with my jaw and side of my face numb. It has calmed down as the day progressed but I know this is a sign of TOS and I could end up back with Dr. P at some point. At least I know what is likely causing this versus going years and years with misdiagnosis. I am going to be patient with it and hopefully get my right side fully recovered first.

Take care and stay in touch.
Romans8

Have you experienced the facial numbness for a while, did you also have the numbness on your operative side?..were you told by your physician that is an indication of TOS?
I too have been experiencing facial numbness but on my operative side for the past 4 months....almost 2 years post surgery. It is most evident when waking and throughout the day & depending on what I have done previous day, in addition to the facial numbness, I feel so exhausted and nauseous, even dizzy.

chloecasey
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote