View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mike!

Oops, sorry if I misspoke, she's actually headed up to Philly this time (she's gone to Dr. K several times and we're trying the 5 day continuous IV this time rather than the 3-4 day high dose one that Dr. K does). We're going to Dr. Aradillas who is in Dr. Schwartzman's group. Do you think it'd be worth asking about the TNF-alpha blockers as well? In addition, she's headed to Atlanta soon to see Dr. Fugedy for tCDS. I've read the whole thread about it here and am hoping that this can keep her in the acute phase (is that possible?) until the ketamine treatment (and possible CRA). Are the kind of results you noted for people who get this treatment very close to the onset of symptoms (like the cadet in the article) possible for my girlfriend 8 months out of remission? Could tCDS hold the development of CRPS to maximize benefit?

Thanks and we'll keep you posted! I really appreciate all your information!

As to your question, the only reference I've seen to using CRA in conjunction with ketamine infusions (sort of a belt and suspenders approach) is in the report I referred to out of Walter Reed. That said, I couldn't think of anyone better to ask than Dr. Kirkpatrick! Just an idea, but maybe you guys want to send him a letter/email referencing the study - but not enclosing it were rest assured he knows about it and the last thing you want to do his come off sounding patronizing - and ask what he thinks about it. (In any event, that's how I'd handle it.)

Good luck! (And keep us posted,)

Mike[/QUOTE]
cja1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (12-03-2012)