View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been on the Swank diet for maybe 28 years, and that's a natural treatment. But I also treat symptoms with minerals and vitamins. For spasm and jerks: magnesium, calcium, B1, E Complex. For eye dimness or fogginess, non-flush niacin. For nervous exhaustion,
low dose all-food based Vitamin and Mineral complex called Megafoods Without Iron (I can't have iron because of other problems). For digestion, Enzymes.
I do get as much exercise as my painful feet allow. My feet were not painful, just slightly numb, for the first 16 or 17 years since my MS dx. But then I got another disease and/or my neuropathy from MS and Porphyria got worse, and I now have such painful feet that I have trouble being on them much; nevertheless, I walk as often as I can about l/2 mile, after the sun goes down, and I do some PT exercises on my bed which keeps my muscles stretched and strong as possible. I don't get much imbalance as long as I stick to Swank diet but if I get off it, lots of imbalance, need for cane.

I now have other problems which require drugs and that is an ongoing problem for me, very difficult to get drug side effects under control or find other ways to do quell symptoms. I miss the days when I was mostly natural. I even had to have radiation last year (one shot of p-32) to lower my bloodo platelets; this is for Polycythemia Vera, for which there isn't much treatment except unnatural things. After all those years of being mostly natural, I'm now dependent on drugs, not for my original diagnosis, but for that which came much later.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (12-03-2012), SallyC (12-03-2012), Twinkletoes (12-03-2012)