View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Uh, Dahlek:

First, let me clear up some stuff. I AM THE DIABETIC IN THE HOUSE. Alan never had diabetes. And now I have diabetic neuropathy. Alan has had idiopathic for 18 years but took a spinal test and they found protein, and that qualified him for the ivig. He has never had any diabetes, pre-diabetes, or anything like that.
And no one in his family has had diabetes. Now my grandmother and my father got diabetes late in their life.

Now back to Dr. Fred.
Why on earth would I drop Dr. Fred. He's the best primary care doctor I've ever seen.

And I do have an Endo. I am in the Diabetic Protocol of Cornell Weill Medical Center in NYC. Can't get any better than that. They got my sugar down to 116 from 400. We have both been to a nutritionist. That' how we lost all of our weight.

You ask when Dr. Fred got his degree. Well, while I don't know when he got his degree, he's only 39 years old and he loves to talk about supplements and the newest stuff. He also loves Alan's Dr. Theirl. He's a big believer in chiro/neurologists.

I mean, where can you go, that you show up on a Wednesday, tell them what blood tests you want done, then you go there the next week and the Doctor talks over everything with you??? I have never had that experience.

Usually, you make an appointment, go to the doctor, he orders the blood tests, then you go to a place, get the blood drawn, then you make ANOTHER appointment and then you see your primary care guy.

This is not what I'm doing. I'm having my blood work done tomorrow at 9 a.m. All I have to do is tell Frank (the male nurse) who's in charge of blood work at Dr. Fred's office), I just tell him "run all the usual tests, plus I want a thyroid work-up and a B-12 level. Then he writes it down, the nurse comes and takes the blood, they send it off, I go there maybe Monday or Tuesday of next week during normal business hours and I'll see Dr. Fred.

Again, why do you think I would want to drop Dr. Fred?
Do you think that's who answered my question about the methyl?? No, it was the podiatrist who saw Alan yesterday, not Dr. Fred.....

lol
Melody

P.S. As soon as I run home from the blood tests, we go back to the podiatrist and see if the hold in Alan's foot got better or if he has to go into the hospital. And since he has an upcoming IVIG home thing next week. I'll have to tell the ivig people if it's a go or if we have to reschedule.
All I do is make appointments, re-schedule stuff, and take care of him. I have to start taking care of my own neuropathy.
At least I started with the methyl.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote