View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
I completely understand. I'm tired of being tired. I can't function without the medications but the medications are harming my body in other ways.

I am now in constant pain due to the osteoporosis caused by years of prednisone. I've been diagnosed with compression fractures in two vertebrae because of the osteoporosis. I'm scared to death of what might cause another bone fracture. My last blood test showed an elevation in my liver count and I've had another test to see if any change has happened. Haven't gotten the results yet. What's next?

We both have two very serious, rare illnesses and are at the mercy of doctors decisions, test results, medications that cause other problems, people who don't understand (or won't understand) what we are going through.

I'm so scared that I've lost control of my life and I have to rely on others to control what I should do to exist.

I've said before to hang in there but I truly know how hard that is to do.

Becky
Southern Bell
All of us can relate to the frustration of being tired and alone with our illness.

It is impossible to expect anyone without MG to understand. With the support of each other we can manage the disease.

I feel fortunate at the present time because I have been able to manage MG with small doses of prednisone and mestinon.

I am lucky that I don't have to deal with stress (the greatest enemy of MG}

You mention the problem with osteoporosis. 1. How long have you been on prednisone? 2. What dosages of prednisone have you been on ?
xrpodn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (12-05-2012)