View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fclegg View Post
I also live in Florida and had my neurogenic TOS (also had arterial compression) in Boston with Dr Donahue. We drove up, but I flew home and that was a good decision. I chose a left window seat so I could prevent anyone from banging my left arm by accident. My post op was all done by phone and I took pics with my cell phone and emailed them to him. But since my surgery did not include a severe blood vessel compression component, this was acceptable to him. He has called me many times to check up on me. He is very conservative and if he suggests these follow up tests, then do them.
Hey fclegg I just had a few questions for you. Since you live so far from dr Donahue how did the consultation leading up to surgery take place? Were you already diagnosed when u scheduled surgery? And was it dr Donahue that diagnosed you with neurogenic TOS? I live about 4 hours from dr Donahue but was considering trying to see him. I had venous and arterial TOS ruled out by a vascular surgeon who said he didn't treat NTOS but said it was possible that I had that form. Which was upsetting because I went there specifically to be tested for NTOS b/c my symptoms are strictly neurological. He posted that he tested for TOS, guess I should have made sure he treated all forms before I went. That's why I ask if dr Donahue diagnosed you with neurogenic TOS. Thanks for any reply, and hope your recovery is going well.
Joshuamr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote