View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for the advice...will try the moist heat at work today...will also try to look for one that you are refering to. Trying to work enough to keep my health insurance at this point...lol Yes I have pain in my trapezius muscle which also was the worth thing I had at the beginning of surgery. I also have pain under my incisions just above the breast bone. With those 2 things combined it caused a sore spot on the top of my left shoulder and also pain in my wrist, front of arm and pinkie, ring and middle finger as well a my palm...that is also the area that is going numb...my main reason for the surgery was upper shoulder and back pain I did have some problems with the arm itself but not as severe as I am having now. Was able to get 6 hours of sleep last night with the help of Lyrica which is the only medicine I've had good result on prior. Hoping the Viibryd help...considering splitting the dose throught the day due and taking half during work. Have to see how I do today without it. Thank for everyones advice!

Good luck on you recovery Thankful for Hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful for Hope View Post
I'm so sorry for your pain, and what you have been going through. I am 3 weeks post-op, and have been feeling pretty rough today. My arm pain returning and scapular pain is so very discouraging, but I am just hoping it is from the swelling. I take muscle relaxers to help with the spasms and prescription strength ibuprofen. I have Tramadol for pain and a compound pain cream I use for breakthrough pain relief. At first the muscle relaxers made me very sleepy, but my body has actually adjusted quite well. I take them 3x's daily. For your back pain, are you referring to your upper back/shoulder area? If you aren't too bothered by wearing a moist-heat heating pad at work, I would recommend one that you can lay over your shoulders and has a neck cut out to help with the tension you feel when sitting for longer periods of time. As difficult as it may be, try to remember your breathing throughout the day. When we are in pain, we tend to tense up more and guard causing everything to be more painful. Taking short breaks to get up and walk around will also help to loosen up your shoulders/neck. I hope you can find some relief soon, and start to feeling better. Hugs!
antikamars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thankful for Hope (12-04-2012)